“Man had constructed in the written word a new impersonal memory, which did not die and lasted as long as the material in which it was constructed.” —F. Sherwood Taylor
§.01 We are currently open to submissions from independent authors in the domains of poetry and prose fiction, with a particular interest in vitalistic, original, longform fiction (novelettes, novellas and novels) that diverges from genre convention, as well as cultural commentaries.
We only accept submissions which have not been previously published (whether online or in print), with the exception of work published on a author’s personal site and excerpts from longer works (such as novellas and novel chapters) which have been or are slated to be published. If you send us work without notifying us of prior publication and we accept it and discover it has been published elsewhere, we will delete it.
Due to volume of submissions recieved we are not able to respond to every rejection; if you do not hear back from us within a week, the submission was not accepted.
We do not pay, nor require payment, to accept or publish works. Submissions are free and will always remain so.
§.02 Media we publish
- Cultural commentaries
- Essays on the philosophy of art
- Flash fiction
- Short stories
- Novelettes (serialized or single-volume).
- Novellas (serialized or single-volume)
- Novels (serialized or single-volume).
§.03 Media we do not publish
- Work designed merely to shock.
- Derivative genre works (i.e. stories with ‘dark lords’ or ‘chosen ones,’ werewolves, zombies, etc—exceptions may apply for work of exceptional quality)
- Fan-fiction (literary ‘reimaginings’ or ‘reinventions’).
- Anything “punk.”
- Screeds or rants.
- Self-pitying soliloquies.
- Works so grammatically woeful as to be illegible.
- Foreign language pieces without an accompanying English translation.
§.04 Length: Some publishers use word/page-count as a standard of evaluation; we do not, and consequently, accept works of any duration in which the task of the textual work may be accomplished, whether one page or one hundred (though not in 15 words). Our primary criterion is quality (not quantity, so no need to rush).
§.05 Formating: All submissions should be in English, formatted in a editable file format (such as .doc, .docx, or .odt), and should be sent to: email@example.com.
LOGOS is a digital publication exclusively. We do not presently publish works in print.