“Man had constructed in the written word a new impersonal memory, which did not die and lasted as long as the material in which it was constructed.” —F. Sherwood Taylor
§.01 We are currently open to submissions from independent authors of prose fiction, with a particular interest in original, longform fiction (novelettes, novellas and novels).
We only accept submissions which have not been previously published (whether online or in print), with the exception of work published on an author’s personal site(s) and excerpts from longer works (such as novellas and novel chapters) which have been, or are slated to be, published. If work is sent and accepted without prior notification of publication, it will be deleted.
Occasionally, due to volume of submissions recieved, we are not able to respond to every rejection; if you do not hear back from us within two weeks, the submission was not accepted.
We do not pay, nor require payment, to accept or publish works. Submissions are free and will always remain so.
§.02 Media we publish
- Commentaries concerning the arts
- Flash fiction
- Short stories
- Novelettes (serialized or single-volume).
- Novellas (serialized or single-volume)
- Novels (serialized or single-volume).
§.03 Media we do not publish
- Work designed merely to shock.
- Derivative genre works (i.e. stories with ‘dark lords’ or ‘chosen ones,’ werewolves, zombies, etc—exceptions may apply for work of exceptional quality)
- Fan-fiction (literary ‘reimaginings’ or ‘reinventions’).
- Anything “punk.”
- Screeds or rants.
- Self-pitying soliloquies.
- Works so grammatically woeful as to be illegible.
- Foreign language pieces without an accompanying English translation.
§.04 Length: Some publishers use word/page-count as a standard of evaluation; we do not, and consequently, accept works of any duration in which the task of the textual work may be accomplished, whether one page or one hundred (though not in 15 words). Our primary criterion is quality.
§.05 Formating: All submissions should be in English, formatted in a editable file format (such as .doc, .docx, or .odt), and should be sent to: email@example.com.
LOGOS is a digital publication exclusively. We do not presently publish works in print.